Saturday, October 19, 2013

Who is...The Original Writer?


Over at The Beat, Heidi MacDonald points to an article which points out that Alan Moore is not listed in solicitations for the upcoming Miracleman reprints. It seems as though The Original Writer Formerly Known as Alan Moore (from now on referred to as TOWFKAAM) wishes to have no dealings with Marvel and wishes to have his name struck from the reprints. More details in the link above.

Maybe Moore should come up with a sigil much as The Artist Formerly Known as Prince had done.
 (Oh, and if Alan Moore should come across this and read it, please don't curse me. I completely understand if you don't want to deal with Marvel/Disney. I just think that the moniker "Original Writer" seems like a silly and non-creative way to deal with this. Surely something more clever could have been done.)

Still, as Heidi suggests, I think I'll hold onto my original editions as well.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment